
Our community has a program called "Safety Town" where incoming Kindergartners have a two week course on safety. It's a great course, with bike riding, bus riding, fire station tours, and everything else. Roger was really excited to start Safety Town, by the second week though, Roger didn't want to go. He was afraid that during those 90 minutes he would be missing out on something really fun with his brothers.We hung in, and on the last day we had Safety Town Graduation.

After the graduation, they let the kids ride on the bikes around the "town".

Mikey refused to ride the bikes, he said he was too old - I mean, he did graduate from it last year and never mind the fact that kids older than he were riding around - but I didn't mind for he made it his job to push William and Grant, who couldn't reach the pedals.


While I was helping the boys ride around Officer Anna, the head police officer of the program, came up to me. She asked if Roger was feeling alright, he had been coughing the whole two weeks. Yes, he had been coughing a lot the last two weeks, but actually he has been coughing the last 6 months.
During this conversation I noticed that Roger was over at the pavilion with my mom. I walked over to him as he was having a coughing fit, then he puked - right there, in front of everyone. You know all the parents were thinking, "Let's get out of here before my child gets sick".
I decided to take Roger to the doctor's office. Our pediatrician, even though I had originally chosen him because he was the first listed in the phone book, actually works with the Residents at the hospital, so he knows Todd.
Dr. A asked if anyone in the family has asthma. Todd has sever asthma, so after listening to Roger and giving him a couple of treatments, Dr. A diagnosed Roger with Asthma. Because he's too young to handle an inhaler correctly, we got sent home with a nebulizer and a prescription.
Todd says that it breaks his heart to see Roger on the nebulizer, but it's much better than having him have to cough so much. The treatments have really helped Roger's coughing, and his breathing.

I should have married someone more healthy I guess.
1 comment:
Hey! We have that mask! What familiar sight. Just keep reminding Roger what a big boy he is and how much better his treatments make him feel. I am sorry you guys have to deal with this but, I am glad you got a diagnosis.
Post a Comment