Mikey lost his first tooth!! This is quite a big step...though we will ignore the fact that a hard run into one of his friends actually caused his tooth to become loose. (I'm actually not surprised at all. When I was 20 I visited the dentist to see if I needed any work, like wisdom tooth extraction, before getting married and off of my dad's insurance. My dentist looked at my teeth and told me that I had the mouth of a 14 year-old. Then let us not even mention that I was out of the 6th grade and was still missing my front tooth. How could I expect my child's mouth to mature quicker than mine did)
Mikey's friends had all been loosing their teeth recently, so Mikey had been asking about it. After running into his friend during my soccer game, Mikey's two front bottom teeth were loose. The next morning at breakfast Mikey was only through eating half of his waffle when he pushed his plate away and started crying about his mouth. I looked into his mouth, his tooth was very loose and blood was coming from it's root. A few minutes later his tooth came all the way out.
Mikey was quite traumatized about this whole situation. I don't think it really hurt him, but more scared him. To help ease his fret, I told him about the tooth fairy - which I am not totally a fan of, I don't like the thought of lying to my kids about a little fairy that goes around into kids' bedrooms at night taking their teeth away, but I was desperate and it did help him to get his mind off of the gap in his mouth.
The rest of the day Mikey kept on asking about the tooth fairy, like if there were a lot of them, one for each kid, where do they live, where do they put their gold (money), where do they put the teeth, what do they do with the teeth, how big are they, etc.
That night we put the tooth in a little pouch and went to bed. Before going to bed myself, I almost forgot to play "fairy". Then when I went into his room, I couldn't find the pouch. After searching for awhile and almost waking all of my children, I found it.
The next day Todd came home from work and asked Mikey if the tooth fairy had visited him. Mikey said, "No, she didn't give me any money...just two dollars."
I could have saved myself $1.98 and given him two pennies and he would have been happier.
1 comment:
So funny! So how did you answer all those questions? Oh the funny things mothers are exposed to.
PS I gave the lesson in RS this week and told a story about your boys. The one where they put up the title of liberty on the hill... it went along perfectly with my lesson. Thanks for the great stories!
Post a Comment