Friday, July 23, 2010

Precious Eyes

I happened to be in the bathroom putting away towels when William ran in. As he was doing his little "I-need-to-pee-dance", he was pulling down his shorts. He started urinating in the toilet when he realized that the seat was down.
Now, I am so proud of him for wanting to lift the seat to go to the bathroom, I just wish he had the sense, or time-management skills to allow him to lift the seat before using the restroom.

While still going to the bathroom, he was aiming with one hand and trying to lift the seat with the other. As the seat was being lifted up, it caused his - uheemm.. to be lifted up with it. Suddenly there is pee squirting in the air, flying all around the toilet.

I watched in frustration thinking about my bathroom having pee everywhere, but then the worst happened.

"I got pee in my eye" was William's statement. Literally a statement - not a whine, not a cry for help, not a wild, intense comment - a statement that had no strong emotion connected with it.

I guess that's how life goes in a house of 4 boys.

I would've puked, but I myself have reached a point where it wasn't that big of a deal either.

1 comment:

The Andra Family said...

Of course, I can very much relate to this post. And, I love the previous post about your sweet little Mikey.