Monday, April 11, 2011

Poor Circulation


I have always had cold hands. I remember in high school holding hands with a boy for the first time and being so embarrassed that my hands were freezing. I was relieved to find out that he thought it was awesome that they were cold. I did not share in his opinion.

When I had babies, I really disliked my cold hands. I love to stroke a baby's head, especially when they are sleeping or when you are nursing them, but I have had to try warming my hands up before I attempt to touch their tender heads. Sometimes, with my hands, this is near to impossible.

While at the local science museum, we found a camera that was a heat sensor as well. We had a lot of fun with it, opening our mouths, lifting up our shirts (the boys, not me) and anything else we could think of.

I couldn't help but notice how my fingers looked, especially compared to Todd's. Notice how my fingertips are blue, meaning more cold than green, and Todd's are yellow, meaning more warm than green.

1 comment:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That is very interesting! Science museums are great. Love your tour it Tuesdays :)