Thursday, April 14, 2011

Passover

We had our Annual Passover dinner. 
This year we invited our good friends Jim and Missy and their three kids. I was a little nervous for we had never invited anyone with children to join us for our Passover celebration. I had always wanted to not have our special experience forfeited because someone's child was not in the mood to sit and listen. But I also wanted to share this experience with our good friends.
It actually went better than planned. All of the kids did a good job listening and being reverent.

They had a good time washing their hands at the appropriate time


 They listened intently when we talked about all of the different food and their symbolism
 And of course, they LOVED painting the door with "blood"
Just look at that mess! I got to clean it up later, after it had dried out for I like to keep it on the door for a couple of days to remind the children of the dinner.
 All in all, it was a great experience
I didn't include too many details of the dinner, for I have written about it before here and here. If you're interested in what we do, read those posts. I recommend doing this, it is a lot of fun and adds to our Easter celebration. There is a LOT of symbolism of Christ found in the Passover.

No comments: