Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A little bit of information

Roger is a very spirited child, and therefore, he can be known to be quite dramatic.

When told that it was time to go upstairs to go to bed, Roger had been complaining about how hungry he was in hopes of stalling the inevitable bedtime. The first couple of times, I succumbed, but then I realized that it was a pattern and I was not teaching him natural consequences. He wouldn't eat much for dinner, then wait until it was time to go to bed to be hungry. I decided to warn him that he was not going to be getting something to eat just before bedtime.


The first night of rejecting his request to stay up and eat, Roger was devastated. All through our bedtime routine he complained. We even cut the stories short and went to bed earlier because of his whining.


While lying in bed, Roger kept up the drama. "The hunger....the hunger.....it just won't stop!"


Lying in bed next to him was his very scientific brother Mikey. Mikey tried reasoning with Roger. "Roger, don't worry.....you can't die of hunger until you haven't eaten for 3 days"

1 comment:

Danelle Robins said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I love it! Roger may not appreciate the scientific aspect of it, but I think it is awesome!