Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

This year we started a new family tradition. We decided that for the FHE following Thanksgiving, we would spend it putting up our Christmas tree and decorations. At first I debated changing it because as we were having dinner, the house was a mess and a couple of the children were a little onery. Roger was complaining that his stomach was hurting, and actually asked for a band-aid to be put on his tummy.
After dinner, Todd and I took 20 minutes and did a quick clean-up, while LeNae "supervised" the children. We then moved the furniture around and brought up the tree and decorations.
The kids were so excited. They started running around and jumping up and down (if only we would get express our excitement the way that they do). They helped put up decorations. We have a big tree in our family room and in "Momma's nice room" we put up a smaller tree. Mikey kept on running between the two rooms looking at the trees and saying that there were "two movies". I don't really understand it, maybe I should let him watch more movies.

William was facinated by the lights

I love the Christmas season, and this really got me excited for it.

2 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I love Christmas too. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Welsch Family said...

Mikey's comment about his sisters is so cute! Love your tree!