Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nativity Party

It's freezing. The temperature is around 5 degrees. But rather than let that get us down, we went to our friends house where we had our Joy School Christmas party. And even though we claim it was for "Joy School", it was just as much for us adults as it was for the children. We ate good food and had some good discussions. The kids had fun acting wild, and I was grateful it wasn't at my house.
But the highlight of the night was the kids performance of the Nativity. The Joy School manual had a child's version of the nativity that the kids have been "practicing" the last couple of weeks. A few years ago for a Relief Society enrichment I got Nativity costumes. These are awesome! and really quite easy to make and put on.

Grant played the role of Baby Jesus.
The girl playing Mary is my friend's older child, which is why she is holding him so nicely. If she were Mikey's age I'm sure Grant's head would be on the floor

William was a wise man
Roger was a wise guy, I mean wise man

Mikey was Joseph
I do have to say that I was so impressed with Mikey's performance. Mikey tends to be very shy and will not do anything unless he is instructed to do it just moments before. We ran through the play beforehand, and afterwards he needed no instruction - and he actually performed his role! Unless you know Mikey, you really do not understand how HUGE this is! It did help that he had a cute little "Mary" to help him.After their performance, they sang some Christmas songs. They were so cute and so sweet. I actually could hear Mikey singing, something that doesn't happen when we're around other people. (My baby's growing up!) Roger kept on dancing and running around, he was just too full of the Spirit to be able to sit still, and William was a little distracted by the dinosaur in his hand. But Mikey and Roger got some time for this:

2 comments:

yvonne said...

LOVE IT! I'm so glad you had fun! I'm going to need some footage from your camera since ours ran out in the middle !!! Why can't we plan these things better!Anyway I'm so glad we did it at my house! I Had a blast!

The Lassen Family said...

Cute pictures! It was such a nice little nativity and wouldn't have been the same with out your beautiful costumes!