William is a sweet little boy with such good manners. After sneezing or coughing, you will hear him say, "mue me Mommy" (Excuse me, Mommy). He will say this whether he coughed, you coughed, or someone in the next room.
When he is saying "no" he will say it politely. For example:
Me: William, we need to put your coat on
William, in a very stressed voice, says very quickly: No tanks!! No tanks!!!! (No Thanks)
He notices and understands when people aren't being well behaved as he says, "Not nice, Not nice". This is actually quite humorous while sitting in the movie theatre when on screen the two cartoon lions are fighting and William is yelling "Not nice, not nice".
William will tell his brothers "Not nice, not nice" when they are bothering him, but since he has been playing "Red light, Green light" with them, he has learned a new expression that he uses with them. He puts his hand out as if saying "stop" and says "Geen yight go" (Green Light, Go), yes, he's a little confused. But sometimes he'll get it a little bit right with "ded yight, go"(Red light, go).
The sweetest is at night. While tucking in the boys, one by one I will sit on each boys bed, ask him what song he would like me to sing to him, and I'll sing a song while scratching his head, face, arms, and back. Mikey usually requests the "Ice Cream Song", which is "I'm trying to be like Jesus". Roger will usually request some kind of made up song like, "The dinosaur song", or the "Iguana song", so I usually end up singing the "Temple Song" for him. And since he's been able to communicate his request, every night William requests "Dile Daw" (I am a Child of God).
No comments:
Post a Comment