Wednesday, March 4, 2009

25 interesting facts about me

1. I want to plant a garden and be able to grow anything.
2. The first flowers I ever planted from seeds were eaten by deer once they blossomed.
3. I love to cook, especially things that I've tasted in restaurants. I will try to mimic what I've eaten, sometimes it's a hit, sometimes it's a miss.
4. I value being responsible very highly. I allow others to slack at it, but will not allow myself.
5. I hardly ever go shopping, and when I do I spend a lot of money, (grocery shopping or Wal-mart, or Costco). It's too tough going shopping with four kids, and when I get the chance, I stock up so I won't have to go for awhile.
6. We go through 4 gallons of milk a week.
7. Breakfast is our big meal here. I love making breakfast, and hardly ever have cereal.
8. My dream (and goal) is to have a farm/ranch in the Kirtland, Ohio area
9. I love working with the Young Women.
10. I think I was born 200 years too late
11. Which is probably why I am so conservative
12. I love studying and learning about LDS Church history
13. Another reason I feel I was born too late
14. Even though someday I want a girl, I love being the only girl in our house
15. My hands are always cold. It's miserable, and can make shaking hands with someone kind of awkward. But the worst part is trying to soothe my babies with my ice-cold fingertips. I usually try to warm them up, but that's not always effective or time doesn't permit.
16. I have never taken any of my children to the ER, when I finally need to, I will be the only mother who isn't quite sure of what to do, while
17. My husband is going to be an ER doctor.
18. Since cleaning up my son's hot chocolate throw-up, I cannot drink hot chocolate, even the smell makes my stomach churn, especially the carmel or vanilla flavors.
19. I hate it when dogs or cats lick me, yet
20. I have a dog
21. I have been able to keep 4 children, 1 dog, and 1 husband alive while my house plants are hanging on the edge
22. I have a "hippy" gene that runs through me (home birth), yet
23. I am AGAINST buying organic food (unless it's at a farmers market or such)
24. I got my bachelors degree in Microbiology, because of this, I should be afraid of touching almost anything for fear of getting infected by some organism, but
25. I also studied immunology, so I am very confident of our bodies abilities to defend and heal .

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing with us! I loved learning some new things about you!

Alyssa said...

Yes, it was you and Todd who influenced me to me more relaxed about germs. (my background was only my germ-o-phobic family). Life has been much easier since then, so I thank you for that! Also, we still make your Cafe Rio Pork Salad Recipie all the time. We still are so grateful for that shared recipie!!! Fun list to read! -Alyssa

3 MEN AND A LADY said...

Why are you against buying organic?

The Jones Fam said...

You'll have to share any of your great breakfast, or restaraunt recipes with me :) That was fun to read!