I love that man and am so grateful to have him in my life and that my children are blessed to have him for their father. In celebration of his birthday, I'll share a story about my boys.
The other day I got some shaving cream and cookie sheets out for the boys to play with. I had read that it's good to give your kids different mediums to play with and experience, plus I thought it would be fun for them to draw in.
At first they were a little unsure of this stuff on theirs hands and arms.
Mikey, who tends to be a bit OCD at times, finally declared, "It's okay if it gets on my shirt". Later that they were all in on playing. William started rubbing the shaving cream up his arms. They drew pictures in the shaving cream, and Mikey even spelled "Me". (He's been having a difficult time with his lower case "e", so I think this activity helped him through it) 

At first they were a little unsure of this stuff on theirs hands and arms.
After they were through I had them bring their pans to the sink and I wiped them down. Mikey grabbed the shaving cream and sprayed some more on his pan. He then told me that he was saving it for daddy. He wanted daddy to have some for his face. Well, okay. So instead of having me rinse off the pan, he made sure it was left on the counter for when daddy came home.
Later Todd came home while I was upstairs. He saw the pan, and assuming that the pan had whipped cream in it, stuck his finger in the white cream and ate some.
With children around, let us never assume.
Turns out Mikey is really good at pulling practical jokes.
3 comments:
funny story with Todd and the "whipped cream"!
I am glad you put this story up on your blog - so funny! Don't worry, Todd, ask Nate about the time he got a mouthfull of butter because it was molded into the shape of a sea shell and he thought it was white chocolate. Happy Birthday!
Haha! That is hilarious! Poor Todd..but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment