A couple of weeks ago Roger went to a birthday party. A few days later he recieved a Thank You letter in the mail. All the boys were so excited about this. Since Mikey and Roger usually do everything together, Mikey was wondering where his letter was. Roger was sensitive to this fact, pulled out a marker, and wrote William and Mikey's name on his Thank You letter. This was appreciated, but not the same.
The next week we recieved a letter in the mail, addressed to Roger. I could tell that it was a birthday invitation, and I knew Roger would be very excited, but I didn't know how I would break it to Mikey that he didn't get a letter, again.
As I sorted through the stack of mail, I found a letter from LeNae. For her birthday the boys had drawn her pictures and written some words (Roger wrote, "I'm glad that you are not a bad guy", Mikey wrote, "I like lisards" (lizards) and William had traced his hand). I opended LeNae's letter and found a letter for each of the boys. In each of her letters she drew them some fun and cute little pictures and responded to what they had to say. I was so grateful that she had done this, it was just what Mikey, in particular, needed.
Thanks Aunt Nae for being such a great Aunt. We love you and miss you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How very thoughtful!
My little guys Love to get mail too though it doesn't happen often.
Post a Comment