The last step in our bedtime routine is that I go around to each of the boys and sing them a song that they request. One night, about a year ago, William requested the "Baby Bear 'hong". Not knowing any Baby Bear Songs, I made up one about a bear going up the mountain, eating some food, his mom not knowing where he was, the mom eventually finding him, and they go home, all set to a pretty catchy tune. William was thrilled with it, and requested it for many nights afterward. Soon all my boys started requesting the "Baby Bear Song" each night. To give some variation and to allow the boys to use their imagination, I first ask the boy what he wants to happen in the story, then sing a song accordingly. Roger likes endopuses to be present (they are creatures he made up, very similar to octopuses ...actually I'm not sure that there is a difference), Mikey's story always varies with what is on his mind at the moment, and William loves to have a T-rex present. I know that a story of a baby bear and a T-rex doesn't sound too realistic, but when I throw in the plot that William saved Baby Bear from the T-rex, William gets very pleased.
Now, William's favorite bedtime story is "Blueberries for Sal", which we change out the name to be "Blueberries for William".
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE that you make up songs for them. Such a good Mommy!!!
Post a Comment