A few months back I realized that my kids didn't really know or understand any numbers above 29. When counting they would actually say, "twenty-nine, twenty-ten". I made this number chart from 1-100 to help them understand numbers more clearly. Even though I refrenced it, and used it to help us play Bingo ("G 53, see it's this number, a five and a three"). But besides that, the boys didn't really get too excited about it. They did however ask, "What if we had 'this' many kids" while pointing to the number 100.
It's actually been quite disappointing to how much they haven't used this cart, especially since it's hanging up in our kitchen and may be a little tacky.
I was quite surprised, and pleased, when Roger went over to the number chart, and while touching each number, counted all the way to 100 - by himself. Todd happened to be home then too and he was quite thrilled and impressed with my "teaching" skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment