Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Date with Roger

I joined a rec soccer league with my friend Missy. The soccer games are in the evening on a weekday. Because Todd has had to work during both of my games so far, I have had my friends watch the boys, while I take one boy with me to not only ease the burden of watching my kids, but so that I can have a mini "date" with that one boy.
This last week it was Roger's turn. He was so excited. Missy was bringing her two boys, and I packed Roger some little activities, hoping that he would be content and not cause any problems, especially since I was going to be on the field playing.
Roger had the best time. He really enjoyed his Independence. He decided what he wanted to play and when. He ran around with his friends for awhile, then came back and played with his flash cards, my iPhone, all while taking pictures, yelling for me, and drinking my water.Afterwards we stopped at McDonald's and got some ice cream cones - we definitely enjoyed our "date".I scored a goal at both this game and the game that Mikey had gone with me. Upon hearing that I scored a goal at this game, Mikey said, "Only one, again?....Why not more?....Mom, am I a better soccer player than you?" Seeing that he had scored somewhere between 7-10 goals at his last game, I replied in the affirmative. Apparently he is a better soccer player than I am.

1 comment:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That is the cutest! Remember the days of middle school when we played soccer together? Seems like just yesterday.