
I decided to start what I will call, 'Tour My House Tuesdays". I thought that this could be a good way to display that my house can get clean and give me motivation to deep clean at least one room a week. I think I will also display any crafty projects for around the house I have/will accomplish.
To start out, I will show you what you would see if you were to enter my house, the entryway.
This is the view from the front door, straight into the kitchen,

on the right you have the dining room,

and on the left, you have the formal living room - or what we refer to as "Mommy's Nice Room".

I love this sign,

I feel that it is cute and is a gentle reminder to guests and my children to remove their shoes (no shoes in homes is huge in Ohio, probably because our shoes are most likely wet, muddy, or snowy).
In our entry way hangs a family portrait. Too bad I'm such a slacker and the photo does not have the younger two boys in it. You think that I would change it, but that may be too much work.

Also, notice the red little labels. Mikey was really into having signs for everything and I believe that a home should be lived in, so they have stayed up for almost a year now.
This is a frame that I got on clearance for $5 at Wal-mart. Again, my youngest child is not pictured in it...yet.

This is a floral arrangement that I got, vase and all, at a local craft store, clearanced to $4, regularly $75.

Thank you for coming and seeing our entry way, come next week!
5 comments:
What a fun idea. I have been wanting to do a similar thing because I love looking around people's homes and seeing the uniqueness. Maybe I'll have to jump on board too! Your house is beautiful. Love the shoe sign, in Illinois no shoes is a bid deal too. I got used to it and have carried it over and don't wear shoes in my home still. Anyway fun to have a peak into your daily world.
I love your entry way! The Tuesday Tour idea is an awesome idea! I might have to start that too! This would create great motivation for me to finish some household projects I have been putting off. I might have to jump on board too. Thanks for sharing part of your house with me!
Cute idea! It's fun to be able to see where you live so I can picture your daily doings you know? Cute entry way =)
Beautiful home! You should take pictures of the the not so perfect rooms too... I want to see the messes! Just so I can feel like I am maybe a little normal!?? ;-)
Loni, that a darling idea! I love seeing where you live - now I can picture you there when I think of you! In Minnesota (where I served my mission), everyone takes their shoes off so I picked up that habit and have continued it ever since. We don't wear shoes in our house either and some of our friends have a real problem with it! It makes for easier cleaning and less wearing of carpets in my opinion.
Post a Comment