Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tour My House Tuesday

In preparation for my Tour it Tuesday, my boys helped me get my space clean. It appears that they kept all the water over the towels and were more of a help than anything, but you would be mistaken. Oh well, the experience is worth more than the extra work I have to put in.

Here is my kitchen table area: It is in the "kitchen" area (notice the ever-going laundry on the counter) and has access to the backyard through the sliding glass door. I've decorated above the door and windows with pictures of the boys eating. (Don't you love crown-molding)
On the opposite wall I have this: The small frames have a picture of one of the boys, the bigger picture is a canvas, I got it here. I do feel that I need to put something in the empty space below the bigger picture, but I'm not sure what. Maybe some wort of vinyl word strip...any suggestions?
The construction papers are not permanent fixtures...but have been up for a long time. They are my boys' sticker charts. What are they working for? Where are their sticker chart slots? What is the final prize? Nothing, it's just something that when they do something good and I want to add a visual "good job" I give them a sticker to put on their papers. They get a lot of joy out of it, and hopefully it's helping them to be aware of how they feel when they do good.
Our family room is right through the doorway, but do notice the little corner at the doorway. That is "The Corner" where the boys have to go when misbehaving. Until I washed the wall, it was really gross in the corner.
We also have a "window cutout". I don't know, I guess it adds to the open feel.
I love this rug, I had been looking everywhere for a rug, found it one day at Target. I feel not only is it the perfect colors for the room, but perfect style as well. It also makes the room feel more warm.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Tigger said...

I love your house. Do you want to come and decorate mine? I have decided I am not a great house decorator.... Your house is darling!

Oh, and yes, I too love crown molding. I wish I had some in my house.

Tigger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.