Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our Thursdays

My boys have Swimming lessons twice a week. They absolutely love them, they love their teachers,

I love that they are getting exercise, they love that they get to swim, and I love talking with some of my friends as they swim.


The downside is that it does take up a lot of our time. Not only do I have to work hard to get four boys fed, dressed, and to the rec center in time for swimming class, but the ordeal afterwards of getting them to get out of the pool, out of their swim suits, into the shower, soaped up, out of the shower, dried off, dressed, and back to our car can be a lot for one woman to handle. But, I will admit that it is worth the effort, and a lot of the people who work at the rec center know my boys, so there is a great sense of community.


On Thursdays we have an extra class at the rec center. So, after swim class, then swimming on their own while playing with friends for an hour,


we go into the locker room and get changed. Immediately after changing we go into the gym where we are a part of a homeschool gym class.

Mikey goes off to one gym to participate in a more organized gym class while the other boys and I go to another gym and play with all sorts of fun things, all while being a lot less organized.

After forty-five minutes of this, we clean up, go to the locker room, change into our (wet) swim suits just to go back into the pool for the next part of the homeschool gym class.

After swimming for about an hour, we go back into the locker room, shower,

change, and go to the lobby where we eat at our "reserved" spot, a table next to a window overlooking the pool.

My boys love eating our lunch there, and I love the fact that there isn't a mess at home, and speaking of home, once we get there Grant goes right to bed. But it is a hassle to get our lunch ready to go all while trying to get them to class on time in the morning.

We have a great time on Thursdays, but being at the rec center for over 4.5 hours can tire you out. The rest of the day is quiet around our house (or at least I would like it to be)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Woah. That is quite an ordeal! But you are the super mom! Sounds fun!