Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tour it Tuesday

Today I'm going to display something I made. While pregnant with Grant, Todd and I made this using material and plaster of Paris:
The problem was that when Todd mixed up the Plaster of Paris, he mixed it all up, causing it to harden quicker, to which we added more water to keep it more fluid, therefore it was not drying very well. All in all, it did not work quite as planned. I stood in our cold bathroom, 9 months pregnant, no clothes on, dirty with plaster all over my bodice, freezing because the plaster was wet, and tired since we had to wait until the kids were in bed before starting. It wasn't a good experience, but I did get this:It wasn't too terribly cute, and after some thought, I turned it into this:To increase the stability of the bodice I painted it with lacquer. Then I tore up some paper, modgepodged it on and added a ribbon and flower.

6 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I think that is a cool idea, even if it didn't quite turn out how you wanted :) It does sound pretty uncomfortable the way you described it!

Nikki said...

very cute

Tigger said...

What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

The Clarks said...

That is such a great idea and turned out very nice!

Lana Lichfield said...

I think you are giving Martha Stewart a run for her money!!!!

Danelle Robins said...

You are amazing. I saved my kidney stones, could you put them in a mosaic for me?