
The Dining Room:

Here is our Dining room. The walls were this red color when we moved in. I really love the color (I actually haven't painted any of our rooms, the previous owners did an awesome job with their color choices).
The dining room set was one that my family had when I was growing up. It was part of this huge truck full of stuff my mom brought out to me. I didn't think that the red on red would work, but it does. The details are amazing.

Here is the hutch.

The only problem is that the glass shelves are broken/not here, so for now it just houses the random table displays/flowers that I have.
I will often change the table display, but this one

is because Todd brought me flowers in post celebration of our anniversary.In one corner is our computer desk.

Do you like how we have the laptop there as well? We had purchased a cheap PC from the Library's used computer sell, then a couple of months later Grant pulled my laptop off the table, destroying the screen. Good thing we have that monitor!
We are counseled to have our computer in a open spot that is not behind closed doors, I really like this spot. It also allows me to hear and communicate with the boys if needed to.
Growing up I always hated this corner hutch,

I always thought it was the weirdest looking thing. Interesting that I have it up in my house now. I guess I don't mind it
that much.
We recently got the rug from my mom. She claims that she is only lending it to us...but after all that I had to do to get the smoke smell out of it and everything else she brought...no way. Besides, I'm not too worried, I don't see her coming all the way out here just to get a rug.
We have some priceless art pieces:

made by some priceless artists.

To add to all the classiness of us, here is our thermometer:

after our heater went out this last winter, we tried changing out the thermometer. This didn't work, so we had to call the repairman. Unfortunately he came while Todd was at work and wasn't able to put the thermometer together without the instructions manual. I think it just shows how WT we really are.
2 comments:
I love your "Tour my house Tuesday" posts. I find myself looking forward to Tuesday, just to see another part of your house, and how it is decorated. Your dining room is beautiful.
Thanks for sharing another part of your beautiful home!
Curious as to why there is a smoke smell on your mom's rug???
Post a Comment