Friday was the Early Childhood PTA party that I was in charge of.
I did get some beautiful flowers, some long-stemmed ...dandelions.
The boys had a soccer game. The games are really low-key, they actually split the teams in half and have two games going on between two fields side by side. Saturday I asked their coach if he could make sure that my boys were on the same team so that I not only had to keep looking and cheering at two different games, but that I thought that Roger would play and interact more if he was with Mikey. My hypothesis proved to be correct. Roger was much more active and involved. He was running and kicking the ball. He was talking to his teammates, and to the other team's players. Then when Mikey would score, Roger would run up to Mikey and they would "celebrate" together. It was really cool to see the brotherhood displayed out there.
Meanwhile, Grant and William were on the sidelines playing their own game. They actually are pretty good, and have some great skills. The best was when one of them would accidentally fall down, the other one would purposely fall down.
Roger has been coughing a lot the last several weeks, not a sick cough, but rather an allergy induced cough. Sunday morning he wasn't coughing more than usual, so I thought nothing of it. I got us all up, ready, and to church before the meetings had even started...which can be a feat with four boys, no husband, and 9 AM church.
The boys were behaving so well, one of their quieter meetings. As the administering of the Sacrament was ending, Roger started in on a coughing fit. I was about to tell him to go get a drink when his coughing caused him to spit some stuff up. I caught the stuff in my hand as I contemplated my next move. I wasn't sure if I should take Roger out with or without his brothers, knowing that either choice would be loud, distracting, and not fun. Then Roger spewed some more stuff, I immediately took him towards the door, fortunately my friend moved in to sit with my remaining kids. As we were about to leave the chapel, Roger chucked up even more stuff, right in front of a friendly old man. When we got out of the chapel, Roger threw up even more, but thankfully a friend was there with a garbage can.
Upon coming home from work, Todd asked, "What have you done while I was gone?"
2 comments:
You are amazing! Glad you document life here. Hope you print it out and save it for later. You're boys will love to look back at it when they are older.
I am loving your hair right now, very cute! Jared and I also celebrated our 7th last week! Congrats on 7 happy years!
Post a Comment