Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Egg Hunting

This year my boys got to participate in two Easter egg hunts. The first was set up by my friend, Yvonne. All the mothers brought a dozen plastic eggs for each of their children. Then as the kids played on the playground, Yvonne set up the eggs on a field nearby. It was a lot of fun and very easy-going.
Can you guess who gathered these eggs up?
Yep, It was Will-Dog. He loves green.
He always insists on having the green cup, the green plate, the green marker, etc. I will even say, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". He will even say it with me, but then throw a fit if I give him the red cup. He knows the saying, I'm just not sure he understands it.
I will admit that I purposely give him the green cup and plates. I will strategically place the cup/plate in the second position of the cup/plate stack or line -up. I usually serve the food and drinks from youngest to oldest, so "coincidentally" he will usually get a green cup/plate. Is that wrong? Well, I don't really care, it's a lot more peaceful, plus I'm not letting him know that I'm giving in to his wishes, it's just "accidentally" occurring.
The second Easter egg hunt that we had was just our own family one. We held it Saturday morning before the first session of conference. I asked Todd to hide the eggs in the backyard while I was upstairs bathing the boys. Grant had made an escape and had gone outside and immediately started throwing the eggs around like baseballs. When I went outside I realized that Todd had hidden the boiled eggs that I had prepared to decorate between the morning and afternoon sessions of confrence rather than the plastic ones I had prepared. So, as the boys were looking for eggs, I went behind them and hid the plastic eggs.
After finding all the eggs, we brought a table into the living room, covered it and all the floor around it with sheets and allowed the boys to eat their candy while watching conference with us...I'm not sure they listened to much of conference though.

No comments: