My boys were a little "difficult" getting them to bathe this morning. Needless to say, it was a trial and no one came out happy.
After I bathe my kids (time and attitudes permitting) I will take them out of the tub one at a time and give them a full body rub down - which is a massage with baby lotion. I like to do this because 1- it leaves them smelling good, and when someone smells good it's difficult to beat them too badly and 2- it allows me to have some 1-on-1 bonding time.
Roger especially loves this time, he loves any kind of physical affection or touching. He loves having his back rubbed, or his arms scratched. This morning while getting him ready for his rub down I thought twice about doing it, he was not working very well with me. But I figured he needed the good smell protection today more than anyone. While rubbing his belly he told me that there was a baby in his belly. I tried to explain that there wasn't one in his belly, but there was one in Mommy's. He kept on insisting that there was, so I decided to ask him what his baby's name was - "Rant" (Grant) was his answer. I guess it's a little better than what Mikey says. He refers to my baby as "Uncle Grant" - don't know where he picked up that one.
One of the last things that I do while rubbing my kids is rub their faces. Roger loves this and refers to it as "you shut mine eyes". His eyes will get droopy as I rub around his cheekbones and face. During the entire rub down, I will try to carry conversations with my kids (if it's at all possible), but during this part I will tell them how much I love and care for them. This morning I was rubbing Roger's face and he looked at me and said, "Mom, you best friend". My heart melted, it was so sincere and sweet.
7 comments:
that is so stinkin sweet! so good for the heart and soul to hear such nice things from our children, huh? what a rockin mom you are spending that time with the kids - a time I am sure the will remember spending with you.
That's very cute and I totally agree with having a bonding or special time with each of my girls! They need to know how much I love them seperaetely. Your massage time sounds really nice- I need one of those, where's my husband when I need him!?!
I do the same with my babies...but I should start giving my older ones the "good smell protection" treatment as well because they definately need it!!!! you make me laugh
AMY
That is so sweet! I told Jaylee the other night that she was my best friend and she told me that Meika, (my friends little girl who is 3) was her best friend. That's funny that he thinks he has a baby in his belly :)
Stella always knew Roger was sweet! :)
That is so sweet. What a cutie!
That's one of the cutest things I've heard in a really long time. I love that you give your kids massages. There is nothing like the power of touch.
Post a Comment