HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY
For me, the best part of this holiday, is that it is my mother's birthday - so here is a shout out to my mom!!
My mom was born on March 17, supposed to be named Vera Ellen, but because of the date, her parents found it appropriate to name her Patricia. She is an awesome person and a wonderful mother. I always felt like her little "buddy", and she would take me with her on errands and such (little did I realize it was because I was the only kid not yet in school - but hey, I felt special). My mom gave me a lot of freedom and independence to become who I wanted to be. Whenever I claimed to not be able to do anything, she would insist that I could and that I needed to keep trying. She taught me morals, and has always been an example to me of someone who strives to live as they believe. She is always helping people from her church, especially those that others rarely noticed.
She always expected a lot of me, which was annoying at the time, but I am thankful now. In middle school I came home with a "C" on my report card. When I explained to her that "C" was average, she said to me, "Yes, but you are not an average kid". Mediocre was not something she would accept. But because of her faith in me, I've come to expect a lot out of myself.
Picture of me & my mom running a MARATHON - don't worry, she's done 3 or 4 since
She is an amazing grandma. She plays with my boys, and never gets angry or upset when they mess up her house or break something of hers. She actually encourages them to have fun at her house. Plus, whenever I visit, she will have the kids eat breakfast and sometimes even take a bath before I get up - which I really appreciate. My boys are very fond of her, always talking about her, or wanting to call her. For the past several weeks, a couple times a day Mikey tells me, "Mom, we got to go get grandma!" She loves my kids unconditionally, and even though they cause havoc to her house and life, she always hates to see them go. Between visits, she'll send them packages in the mail, which we all love to recieve.My mom is really awesome. I have a great relationship with her, and would love to see her everyday if I could. She is so much fun, very insightful, has incredible strength & faith, and I love her so dearly!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Aunt Pat!!! I dido with what you said about your mom. She is someone we all look up to and hope to have a small part of the strength she has.
All of us grandgirls are so blessed to have such fun and loving mother that we have.
You do have a great mom!! Happy B-day Patti! Is that Lanae in that picture of you four? Man, she has grown up tons!! She needs to write my bro Nathan and give up a end of mission pick-me-up! Nate says that he hasn't got many letters lately from friends! Anyway- take care.
Loni that was so sweet of you....This is the first time I've looked at Blogs---Lynbdee helped me---how wonderful---it looks so fun. I so appreciate the wonderful things you said about me---maybe someday they will all come true. I love you.
Don't you feel so blessed to have a wonderful mother! Are you pregnant in that first pic where you're shooting a gun? Also, I love the pic of you with you mom and your sisters!
I sure love your mom too!!! She is a very deep and inspiring woman.
I hope that she had a great b-day!!!
AMY
Post a Comment