The other night a friend and I were discussing something that we both do not like. We find it quite annoying that some people of our faith will move out "here" and their entire focus is getting "back" to Utah. I just feel that when people do this, they miss out on some amazing experiences, and don't allow an open-mindedness of life in other places. They miss out in making some really great friendships, 'cause let's face it, who wants to get tight with someone that their only focus is leaving. I do understand the desire to be closer to family, but at the same time what a wonderful opportunity to rely on people in your community, and even more so on your spouse!
Saying that much, I do have to say, I believe that in just a day or two I have changed my mind.
Saying that much, I do have to say, I believe that in just a day or two I have changed my mind.
I'm moving back to Utah!!!
I thought that we were done with winter, yea maybe a cold day here or there, but essentially done. Yesterday I was actually feeling happy because even though it was chilly, it was raining like a good spring day. Imagine my grief when later it turned into SNOW!! and a lot of it!!! Then Todd has informed me that according to the weather station, we're supposed to get snow pretty much every day until Thursday!! Do they not understand that I am a fair-weather person & that I have already endured enough winter!!!
This picture is actually from a week ago, last nights was a lot worse
With that being said, you can understand why I am feeling the desire for warmer weather. Even though I'm not really moving, it does give me something to complain about - since my kids are always angels it is difficult to find anything to complain about, but I do manage. I won't complain about the disgusting bathroom cleaning today.
7 comments:
Girlfriend, I'm with ya. Under normal circumstances, moving to Utah wouldn't be on the top of my list, but this winter has made me consider it! I am DONE with winter. Usually, this little spring break blast is the last of it, so hopefully, this is it for about 8 months! I'll think of you as we're lying on the beach in Cali next week. Ha! :)
hehehe...that stinks for you!! Maybe you should plan a trip on out here to philly...we have had maybe 3" of snow all winter, and all week I have been out working in my garden!! Don't freeze!!
I am tired of this snow too, Maybe I will move with you!
Loni I love all your posts.. the one about Roger being your best friend, the tribute to Todd on his birthday and of course you have made a wonderful point of people who are constantly wishing to be back were they grew up or where it is familiar to them. Thank you for all your wonderful postes.
It looks pretty cold there. I hope it warms up for you soon. We are finally starting to get some gorgeous weather here, but before you know it it will be super hot here, and you will probably be glad to be where it is a little cooler.
Uhhh...ladies. This winter in Idaho has left me feeling like an eskimo. We've had 6 feet total. And today on March 25, it snowed again. No lie. My relatives in Utah say it's been just as bad there. Don't call your realtors yet.
Today's high in L.A. is 60. However, it will drop to 50 tomorrow and 40 on Friday. We should have some rain showers as well. Its a good thing we have food storage. This could get scary.
Nick
P.S. The blog is finally updated. Sorry for taking 2 months off.
Post a Comment