Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Firstborn

Today is Mikey's fourth birthday. I cannot believe that he is that old, but yet I cannot seem to remember life without him, even when I can remember life without Todd. Mikey is such a special boy. More than once I have been struck with a slight understanding of what a great spirit I have in my home. He was chosen to be the big brother to his many siblings, and at such a young age. He is a great example to them, and is always very patient with them, even when they don't deserve it. In celebration of his birthday, I just wanted to let everyone know more about the wonderful child I get to have in my home.

Mikey is incredibly sweet. He is constantly coming and giving me hugs, always saying, "Mom, I need a hug." He shares so willingly. The other day I took him to the store with me, just him & I, and as we were checking out I told him that he could pick out a candy. He picked one out and said, "Gotta share with Roger", and that is just what he did. He shared it completely with Roger, not being selfish in the slightest bit. Before opening his presents tonight he handed Roger one and had him open it while Mikey opened one. I guess it really doesn't matter whose toys they are since they share everything.

He is quite the romantic. He has asked me if I would marry him. I have a heart necklace, which he deems as my special necklace. He will take the necklace off of my necklace rack and bring it to me, even when it doesn't quite match what I'm wearing. He will frequently tell me that I am a princess or that I look so pretty, even when it's in the morning when he's waking me up. The other day he turned to me and sang, "Mother I love you, Mother I love you" - which he is learning in Primary. Yea, my heart melted.

Mikey is very righteous. Every morning during "scripture time" he will tell the stories that we have learned about, and has learned that Jesus saves a lot of people. He even knows Daniel's friends' names - Meshak, Shadrach, and Abendigo. He loves temples. He often says that he wants to go to the temple, in which I reply that when he gets bigger, Daddy and I will take him to the temple. One time after going through this conversation he said to me, "Momma, I need to go to a temple and get marry".

We got him a scooter for his birthday. He kept telling Roger, "It's a scooter, it's kinda like a bike"


He has the cutest sense of humor. He isn't a kid that feels the need to perform or talk much to other people, but with me he can get quite chatty (I think it's the phase he's in). But he knows how to tease me and has a good time with it. He's so sly about it that sometimes it takes me a while to realize that he's teasing me.

He instantly knew how to ride the scooter - yea it was a little late when we opened presents


Mikey has a way with music. He can remember songs very well, and will go around the house singing them. He especially loves to sing songs with me as we hold hands. "Baby Mine" is a special one for us.



Mikey is a very obedient child. He minds very well, and for the most part will remember to not do things I have asked him to not do. He sets a great example for his brothers, and makes life so much easier for me.


I am very grateful for Mikey and for the fact that he is in our family. He really is so incredibly special and I have enjoyed having the opportunity of being his "Mammacita". I love you so much Mikey!! And I love you more because I popped you out!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What an absolute STUD! Seriously, he just seems so nice & kind! I know that Livi loves hanging out with him, so a playdate is definitely in order!

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, does it seem so crazy to have a 4 year old! He seems like such a good boy! Maybe he can date Jaylee in 12 years! The party looked great, what a great birthday!