Saturday, May 10, 2008

Learning the Difference Between Boys & Girls

Today we went for a family bike ride. It must have looked quite hilarious. We both were pulling a trailer for children and I have a very round basketball-looking stomach. I do have to admit, it was quite difficult for me, but then again, I am very pregnant and I was pulling a kid.

Todd wanted to check something out, but not wanting to exert the extra energy, I stopped for a minute. I was pulling Mikey and when he stopped he said, "Mom, let's go really fast, a follow daddy." I just replied with a no, not right now. He got this look on his face that showed that he was thinking and processing what I was saying.

He then said, "Oh, you can't 'cause your a girl", more as a statement than a question. I just started laughing. He didn't say it to be demeaning, but more in a way that showed he was trying to figure things out. Todd thought it was hilarious, but then again I think it's hilarious that the boys know that they can jump on him and not on mom because I'm a girl.

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I'm impressed that you can still peddle a bike. I know I sure couldn't when I was that pregnant with Jett. I couldn't lean over to grip the handlebars with my huge belly. What a cute/funny little boy you have. Jaylee has just started to become interested in boys vs. girls. She likes to tell me all the time: Daddy is a boy, and Jett is a boy. Jaylee is a girl and Mommy is a girl.

The Andra Family said...

I love this! It sounds very much like conversations in my home with all boys as well.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

hmmm...are you sure it is because Mikey thinks you are a girl, or because he knows his mom is just a big wimp!?!? J/k, I still remember the story about you fighting a girl at school, and you do come from a pretty tough family (especailly your cousin, I think her name is Natalie)!!!

Tara said...

That is a pretty funny story. Good job still being able to ride a bike and pull a child behind.