I love having parties, and will use any excuse for a party. With Mikey's birthday coming up this next week, I decided to have a party. Mikey's still young enough that he doesn't require a child's birthday party that consists of little kids' games, crying, tattle-telling, etc. So, obviously I decided to go a way that we all can enjoy it. We had a barbecue.
The weather in Ohio can be quite interesting. It can go from cold to hot then back to cold all within 5 minutes. Saturday the rain came down hard and strong. We had wanted to have the barbecue in our backyard, but with the rain we adjusted. We set up an extra table in the kitchen and went on with our plans. 20 minutes before the party, the rain stopped and the sun shone beautifully and warmly. We moved a table outside and started the party. After the party was just getting started, a neighbor that lives around the corner came walking by with Roger. Roger had decided to run away and with all the people coming in, I didn't even notice he was gone - whoops! Talk about embarrassing.
I had everyone bring some sort of side dish, which I like to do because you usually get a good variety and tastes. I do have to say that yesterday's dishes were amazing. The nice thing about being pregnant is that I got to eat all that I wanted without anyone thinking I should cut back, or any guilty feelings of over-indulging.
After most of us had eaten one helping of food, it suddenly started raining. Everyone ran inside. Luckily we have a basement, where most of the kids ran to so we adults got to pretend that we didn't have any kids.
All in all, we had a great time. It was really great being able to spend time with people that sometimes you don't get to talk to much. I want to thank everyone for coming and thank you to those who brought Mikey a present - it was unnecessary, but very sweet. Also thank you to those that helped cleaning up. It really made it a very easy party to throw. I think I'll do something similar for Roger's birthday in July, so I guess now I need to come up with an excuse to throw one next month.
Roger & Mikey enjoying the food - suprise suprise
Blowing the candles out
The display table I set up to show off my handsome boy
3 comments:
it was lots of fun and we were glad to be able to celebrate the b-day with you!
Wow I can't believe Mikey if four!! Growing up way to quickly! Looks like you had quite the party!! Always up for a PARTY!!!!
Such a great party and the rain didn't even diminish it one bit! We had a blast! Thanks for having us!
Post a Comment