Sunday, May 11, 2008

To Our Moms:

My cousin did this, and I really liked it, so I'm doing it. I wanted to honor the women that have made it possible for Todd & I to have a wonderful life thus far. This is to our mothers. They both are such wonderful women and great examples to us. So, in honor of them, here are 5 reasons we love them.

Eve


1. She is a hard worker. She is always working on something and gets an incredible amount of things done in a short time.

2. She loved being a mother. Todd is always telling me ob memories of activities she would do with him. She made sure that he had an enjoyable childhood.

3. She has always been very kind and nurturing to Todd.

4. She is incredibly selfless. She has sacrificed a lot for Todd and his siblings. She even lived in a motor home for several months in the middle of an Ohio winter.

5. She is very spiritual. She took Todd to church all by herself. And now it is because of her that their family is sealed for all eternity.


Patti

1. She always expected the best out of me. Sometimes it was annoying, but she taught me to not feel sorry for myself or think badly towards others, instead she showed me how to look at what I was doing and what I could change.

2. She is so much fun. Wherever Patti is, there is sure to be a party. When she prepares a meal, she has no idea if 2 people are going to eat it, or if 20 people will, and whatever happens, she is always prepared for either.

3. She loves my children. They absolutely adore her, and she them. Watching them, you would think that she was just one of them. She plays with them, teases them, plays games, and shows them affection, even when their faces are covered with peanut butter.

4. She treats Todd as though he was one of her own kids (Todd said this), making him feel very welcomed and loved.

5. She is always willing to help us with the kids or whatever else we need. When visiting her, she is willing to watch the boys so that we can go on dates or to the temple.


Happy Mother's Day Moms!!! We love you so much.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So I just read about your home birth! that sounds so exciting! I have never given birth at home and I am not sure I would but I have had a midwife for 3 of my pregnancies and have gone natural-no drugs for the last 3. It is such a wonderful experience, yeah it hurts, but it is a good hurt. I hope you enjoy your experience, and can't wait to hear about it!!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Hey, so the fam is "hopping" up to your neck of the wood on Memeroial weekend! If you are going to be in town that weekend, we will drop in to say Hi!!! Hope to see you then!