Friday, August 29, 2008

It's a Sad Day

6 weeks ago, Liz came to us, looking like this:

Today she left looking like this:


What is it that we did to her?



This afternoon Liz left us. I tried to convince her to stay, that staying with us and our 4 boys was much more fun than going back to college - but surprisingly she wanted to go back to school. I know, very puzzling.
We really are very sad to see her go. We have had such a good time with her. She was such a great help. The only time I ever had to ask her to do something was when it involved doing a project, like touch up painting the walls. She saw what needed to be done, and did it - very well too. She made her own lists of chores she needed to do throughout the day. She even watered my plants! (talk about an ideal girl) After each meal she immediately went to cleaning up - which was my dream come true - I get to cook but not worry about cleanup!! It really was great because I got to spend more time with the boys and not worry about having to cut play time short so I could clean.

Here she is cutting up apples for me to make into applesauceHere I am spending time with the boys while she peals the apples

She also was great with the kids, and she truly does love them. She read books to them, played games with them. She couldn't handle hearing any of them cry, and would often hold Grant when she was all done for the day.

The boys will miss her so much. They call her "Bam" and they play with her and compete for her attention. She plays with them well and even gave them some stupid sticky man toys (I stay stupid because my kids kept on having a difficult time with them, causing many tantrums - nice thought Liz...but don't do it again).

But as much as I am going to miss the help that Liz was, I am going to miss Liz. She was so much fun to have around. She loves to tease me - She teased me about how I would say "Would you like to" then ask her to do a chore. Why I wouldn't just say "Liz, do this" I don't know, maybe it's because I viewed her more as a friend than an employee. But she likes to be teased in return, she has a very good sense of humor. Her timing is unmatchable. She is pessimistic with her humor, but she is actually optimistic (don't tell her that I told). She's sensitive to others (this may suprise those that know her - she puts on a great front) She's very smart, there isn't much I had to explain to her.

Having someone live with you can be difficult, but it was never frustrating with her, she was pleasant to have around. My only complaint is that there were a lot of nights that we stayed up late just talking - but I had fun doing it! We are so very sad to have her leave, but I know that what she is doing is the best for her (and it's the only reason I'm allowing her to leave). I do know that one day she will be an awesome mother, like her own mother before her. And I hope that her experience with us won't cause her to never have kids of her own. Good bye for now Liz, we love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loni---I loved everything you said---you are a great little writer---I can't quite figure out how to add to my Blog----I'll have to sit down and figure it out one of these days----maybe you should just write one for me----you really do have a gift---maybe it's the things you have to write about----if you only had one kid---it might not be as fun to read!!!!???? I love you MOM