Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Lana

On my twelfth birthday my mom picked me up from school (this was a special treat seeing that the bus dropped us off a mile from our house). My mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Knowing I would never get it, I said that I wanted a baby sister. LeNae, who was 5 at the time, perked up and looked at my mom. My mom raised her eyebrows then informed me that she was pregnant! I was so excited. She told me not to tell anyone, but I couldn't help not telling my friend, Camille. On August 31, 1995, I got what I had wanted, a beautiful baby sister.
Today is Lana's 13th birthday. I hope it's a good one for her. She is such a great sister. She is always sensitive to other people and their needs. One time, a few years ago, she had gotten some money. Todd, joking around, informed her that he needed new shoes. Later that day she pulled me aside and asked what size of shoe Todd wore. I reassured her that Todd was only joking, but I never forgot how sweet and unselfish that act was, especially at such a young age.
My kids just adore Aunt Lana (who wouldn't). She plays with them, and they think she's marvelous. Lana stayed with me for a week this summer, and she was tons of help. I had many friends asking where they could get their own 12-year old sister - even if they could get one, she would never be as great as Lana is.

Lana is such a great girl and I am feel so blessed to have her for my sister. We miss you Aunt Lana, hope you have a good day!

1 comment:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I am always jealous of girls like you who have lots of sisters. I only have one sis and she's 10 years younger. I moved out when she was 8, so we didn't really get to know each other. We are friends now... but live far away so it's hard. Your sisters all look so much alike, cute girls!