Todd has been running the last couple of weeks. Today Todd ran his first organized run. It was put on by the hospital, and was a 5.2 mile run. I was so proud of him. He did it in 46 minutes!!! I was a little disappointed because I didn't get to see him run. Because he had left his car at the church the day before, I had to drive him to the race - but not wanting to make my kids suffer the entire time he was running, I ran home for a bit and got them ready for the day. When we got back to the race, Todd had already finished. Oh, well. He said it was really tough while he was running, but 5 minutes after he was done, he was thrilled that he had done it.
There were little festivities going on, so we ate and the kids danced to the music that was being played (so cute). There was a Kid's Fun Run, so I signed Mikey and Roger up. At first they were a little frustrated to have the number tags pinned to their shirts, but after Todd showed them how cool it was, they calmed down.
The key chains have a pirate skull on the end. Roger was insisting to Mikey that the key chains were pirates, but because of the things Mikey has seen Todd handle, he kept on saying, "no, it's a doctor".
Todd ran with them, and it was super cute seeing them run. They each got a trophy (just for finishing, what kind of behavior are we supporting?) but they were really excited for the little key chains they received. 
No comments:
Post a Comment