Having a Passover meal to kick off the Easter weekend was such a blessing. It helped me to reflect more on the Savior's sacrifice for us. The Passover feast started the day of Christ's Atonement, and Crucifixion. Then, three days later we celebrate His Resurrection!!!
I prefer to do the Easter toys and treats hunt on the day before Easter, so that we can focus more on Christ on the Sabbath. Mikey and Roger both got shirts that light up - my mom had given all the boys a light up shirt for Halloween and they love them, the only problem is 1- they are quite Halloweenish and 2 - they want to wear them EVERYDAY, not caring at all when the last time they were washed. William got a Walle hooded towel (the other boys have similar towels and wear them around as capes, so this way William could fit in - which I don't mind, but when he wore it to the library the other day...). And they all got an umbrella. Not sure if they'll ever use them for going in the rain, but I must say I was a bit embarrassed when I had a guest ask if she could borrow an umbrella to run out to her car and I had to inform her that even though we get almost 40 inches of rainfall a year, we do not own an umbrella.
Here's a picture of Mikey and Roger with their umbrellas, and sadly yes, they are both wearing their Halloween light up shirts - I am not kidding about how often they wear these shirts!
Our evening with Todd's family was really nice, and after we got the boys to bed, we stayed up and had fondue chocolate and fruit.
As Mike and Eve were taking the boys to their house, Roger got the hooked handle of his umbrella stuck in his mouth. (dang umbrella!) Eve had to go in the back and help him get it out. It caused the lower pallet of his mouth to either bruise or rip (or both). He was really sore the rest of the day, keeping his mouth open and having a difficult time swallowing. That night Todd and Mike gave him a blessing, and he was much better the next day.
We went to church with Todd's family. They have such a nice ward. Everyone knows everyone, and there is such a good, welcoming spirit about them. It was fun to see all of Todd's old friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment