
In 1773, in the harbors of Boston, the early men of our nation were sick of being unfairly taxed. Today we find ourselves in a similar situation. The government is growing bigger, having more and more control over our lives and decisions. So yesterday Todd and I took Mikey and Roger with us to a
Tax Day Tea Party Rally.

Now, this was NOT an Anti-Obama rally, nor an Anti-government rally. There were many Republicans and Democrats there. It was not Obama who has put the government in this mess (though his and Bush's encouraging of the last two bailout bills being passed did not help), it has been going in this direction for some time, and our Congress has been pushing it this way. We are heading into a socialistic government. I know this may seem appeasing to some - the thought that we will be safe and secure no matter what (sounds like someone else's plan...hmmmm), but that "security" comes at the expense of freedom. Also, that type of government is not self-sustaining. I visited Russia over 10 years ago. The cities were up to date, but when going into the countryside, I had to pinch myself because I felt like I was stepping back to the 1920 or 1930s. Under a socialistic government there was no progression. Progress was not embraced, it was taxed. Remember the Romans? They had conquered many nations and was one of the most successful nations. What caused them to fall? Oh, ya, they started taxing too much from their people, the people moved away or outsourced, and then Rome fell. Hmmm....will history repeat itself?

The government is spending OUR money, and not giving a care or thought of where this money is going. Were you upset about the AIG bonuses? Did you know that our money is also being used for Catfish farms, and for studying cockroaches? How many other things are being funded using our money that should not be? If the government is being irresponsible with our money now, they are going to need more of it so they can keep up all of this funding of special interest groups, these businesses, programs, etc, etc. Our National Debt is so incredibly high, and only getting higher - and who is purchasing our debt? Oh, only China and Russia.

I know this sounds all very materialistic, but in reality it isn't... you just have to understand the connection. If the government is laying on such extreme taxes, businessmen will outsource their companies. They will continue to be successful, but the difference is that they will be sharing their wealth with another country. (In case you didn't get the connection, this means fewer jobs in America).

But the biggest danger to you and I is in this: When our taxes are so incredibly high (and I don't mean just income tax, I mean food tax, carbon tax, real estate tax, etc, etc, etc, etc) that even though we are working all day everyday we still cannot afford to provide for ourselves and our family, guess what happens. Oh, the government will give you a "voucher" for needed items. So good of the government, makes them look like the good guys...until you realize that the more dependant you become on them, the more control they have on YOU. They will mandate where you shop, who you talk to, when and where you can get health care, how many children you have and when, what you teach your children, where you live, where you go to church, and who you are.
I know that there are a lot of us that are upset, and even more upset because we have no clue of how to change things. You can contact your congressperson - get the contact information by going
here. Talk to your local leaders, talk to your neighbors. All of these may help, but may not be totally successful. I propose that as Americans we team up and let our "representatives" know we do not feel like they are representing us, and when election day comes, we do
not re-elect a single congressman or representative. When these people have been "representing" us for more than a term or two, they get involved with special interest groups and lobbyists. If we want real change, we need more than a new President, we need people to represent the people - not their own checkbooks!!
If you're not upset -you're not informed!
The boys enjoyed their first rally. They did really well, and would clap when the audience would clap.

Here's the rally from Mikey's point of view
2 comments:
Well said Lon Bon.
AMEN!!!
Post a Comment