Monday, April 6, 2009

It's okay...I'm a doctor

Today we went on an entertaining little family walk.
Mikey's bike is a bike that a neighbor had given us, but unfortunately it's a little big for him and we're too cheap to buy him one that would fit him more properly. We want to get Roger a bike, but are waiting for his birthday - which is this summer. So, this left us with Mikey riding his big bike, and Roger walking behind.
Though he looked a bit awkward on his bike, and at times looked as though he may fall, Mikey was going quite fast. Roger wanted to keep up, so he ran. Unfortunately his running wasn't fast enough; therefore he lagged behind. It didn't help that he had insisted on wearing his Spiderman water shoes that were a little big and awkward on him. He kept running though, and didn't ever give up. LeNae, Todd, and I were amused by this sad, yet very cute sight.
Mikey was getting closer to the corner, so we called out for him to stop and wait for us. Seeing that he could have a chance to catch up, Roger pushed his running to the next level. Unfortunately, because of the increased effort in his running, and the Spidarman shoes, Roger tripped and fell onto his tummy.
Mikey had seen Roger fall, and jumped off his bike and ran over to Roger. He got there just before Todd did. Mikey got on the ground by Roger and said, "It's okay Roger...I'm a doctor!" He then put his hands on Roger's chest and yelled, "Clear!"
I think he's been playing with Todd too much.

3 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I love hearing the cute things your boys do.

annahannah said...

Oh my gosh...or should I say Oh my heck!! I laughed out loud. Too funny.

Christy G.

The Jones Fam said...

That is toooo funny! Too bad you didn't have a camera near by. Although, you are lucky to have 2 doctors in the family!