Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Great Sunday

I had my alarm set to wake up at 6:30 this morning. Halfway through the night Roger, William and Grant joined us in our bed. Of course William and Grant each have to be as close to me as possible, laying on top of me if they can. Even though I usually am able to deal with this very well, this kept me up for a bit - maybe it was because of the 24 miles I ran Saturday. Since I so badly wanted to sleep I escaped to Roger's bed. Not five minutes later, I heard William and Grant crying in search for their Mommy. I let them know where I was and they joined me in Roger's bed. So much for peaceful nights rest.

Todd woke me up at 7:30, he had turned off the alarm and accidentally slept in. Great! He had to be to church by 8:00 and I had to get myself dressed and the kids fed and ready and be at the church before 9:00 (and outside of Utah the church is not just around the corner!). Let's not mention that today was the Primary Program during Sacrament Meeting and I, being the Primary Chorister, had to have a seat in the middle near the front so that I could place a stool at my feet that I could stand on during the singing.

Believe it or not I was at church 10 minutes early.

The kids did such a great job, sang their little hearts out.

Mikey and Roger did a great job at saying their lines. I had written their lines on a paper and had read through it with them a couple of times (last night after watching 5 other boys). When it was Roger's turn to speak I was surprised when he looked at me and said his lines, not even looking at his paper...until the last part, which he couldn't remember so he held his paper up, scanned it, and finished his lines.
Mikey spoke his lines, not very coherent. Todd was very disappointed with this, but I pointed out that Mikey had just spoken out loud in front of the entire congregation.

Primary was a little relaxed afterwards, which I didn't realize and had prepared a singing time... oh well, I can use it next week. So I was able to go into Relief Society for 15 minutes!

But the highlight was when I got to go into the nursery and do singing time. The nursery is awesome, and not only because I have two children in there. These kids are so incredibly sweet. They love you no matter what, and no one cares if you get down and are silly with them. Today they were particularly attentive, something that is pretty rare since there are like 13 kids, ages 18 months-3 years. We sang songs, played games and had a great time. Then we sat in a circle and sang "I am a Child of God". It was beautiful. It reminded me that I have got to have the Best Calling in the World. I know you are jealous.

I love those kids!

No comments: