Thursday, October 14, 2010

Slobbery Sorry


Like many children his age, when William gets emotional or upset he will cry and along with the tears will run the boogers. He will put his finger(s) or even hands into his incredibly huge mouth further causing his face to be a slippery mess.
After "doing his time" in the corner I will ask him to tell my why I had sent him to the corner. Between his whining and fingers in mouth...and his speech problem, it makes it difficult to understand anything he says.
The other day I had William talk to me after visiting the corner for three minutes. I could not understand anything he was saying. I told him that his fingers in his mouth was hindering my understanding, along with the whiny talk. He took the fingers out but couldn't figure out how to stop the whining. After having his uncomprehending speech rejected several times he decided that I must be the problem.
He came over to me, put his face next to mine and shouted his response into my ear. It hurt my ear and my face, hair, everything was slimed by his snot/saliva mix.
The worst is that I still couldn't understand what he was trying to say.
They say that mothers are very understanding...guess that's not always true.

No comments: