
Mikey gets really attached to little toys, especially ones he can carry around in his hand. He is particularly fond of Littlest Petshop, but not all of them, just the ones in particular that he likes.
He had a lizard petshop that he carried everywhere until one day he took it with him to the park...and lost it. He was very upset about the whole thing, but I figured that it was a great natural consequence and learning opportunity. We talked about not bringing things that were special to him to the park, but rather leave it in the car.
Now he has a butterfly petshop that he loves (yes, very manly), and carries everywhere. To celebrate the good weather we were having we spent several hours at the park yesterday. After much running around and playing it was time to go home. While loading the kids in the car I asked Mikey where was his butterfly. He looked down at his hands, reached into his pockets, and realized he did not know. He thought he had left it in the lunch bag, so we checked the lunch bag with no luck.
I told him we could look around the park for two minutes, but after that we would have to go with or without his butterfly. We ran around from place to place when Mikey asked me a question.
"Can God un-disappear things?"
"Well, yes, God can let us find things. We should say a prayer asking God to help us, but that doesn't necessarily mean that God will let us find your butterfly....Do you want to say a prayer?"
After we said a prayer I asked Mikey where in his heart he felt that we should look for the butterfly. He instantly starting running to the left. I followed, walking slowly behind. In my heart I was saying my own prayer to let my boy find his precious toy. Then I looked over and there was his toy. God had made him "un-disappear". That sure made one little boy incredibly happy.
1 comment:
Oh Lon Bon that brought tears to my eyes! Gotta love the faith of little ones. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment