Monday, January 19, 2009

Hot Stuff is Two

Two years ago today, Baby William joined our family. We were thrilled to have him. He's had a great year. Let me tell you what he's mastered in just a year.
1. Walking
2. Talking - well, at his level
3. Running
4. Growing hair
5. Becoming a big brother
6. Potty-Training
7. Jumping
8. Wrapping my heart around his finger (he already had this one mastered)
For those don't know William too well, here's some information about him.
He's a tough little fighter. He may be small, but he's tough. I ran a marathon when I was first pregnant with him (I didn't know it at the time), and even though I was popping in the prescription strength IB profins, William hung in there. He can hold his own, easily, with his brothers. Knowing he is smaller, he gets away with a lot, he will attack and hit his brothers and remain out of trouble.
His brothers are his best friends. Even as a baby, he was the most happy when I would let him just watch his brothers play, and now that he's big enough to play with them, he is ecstatic about it.

He comes into bed with Todd and I in the middle of the night (I know, I've gotten soft). I love it because he snuggles right into me, and for some reason I do not even mind that he's taking up most of the room, I don't even mind the times he's wet the bed (my standards are really down, aren't they). I've even put a plastic sheet underneath where he comes to sleep. I do love the snuggling, and waking up to him in my arms, and I know in just a few years, he's going to be grown (the whole home birth turned me into a hippy).
William is great at making the cutest facial expressions. He knows how to play up a situation. He pulls the excited face when he knows he's supposed to be excited, even though he has no clue what you're talking about. He knows how to be cute. He will give you a sweet smile to let you know he cares about you. He made my Grandma Love wish that I would leave him with her because he was so cute and fun, especially when he played "Blind" (he closed his eyes and walked around with his hands out in front of him. I have no idea where he got this from, but it was hilarious).
He has learned how to jump, and actually leave the ground with both feet! For a while he's known how to jump, or fall from the step that leads into our living room. It's been a fun game for him where I yell and scream begging him not to jump, and he'll jump. Sounds boring, but it's a blast. You wouldn't know it by his size, but William is a big eater. He can eat and eat, he just has a coordination problem with getting the food up to his mouth, or with falling asleep while in the process of eating. He has a huge mouth, he can open his mouth wider than I can open mine.
He was my easiest baby. He was always very easy going and cheerful (now he has more of a mind of his own). Whenever I was having a hard day, he would smile at me as though saying, "Mom, I know it's tough, but everything is going to be just fine".
William is such a joy to us, and I am so thankful that he is my boy. We love you so much Hot Stuff!

3 comments:

Katie said...

He is such a doll!! Happy Birthday William..thanks for sharing your birthday cake (and dinner) with us!

Holly said...

What a sweet little boy, and what great photos and description! Thanks for the fun post!

Sirpa said...

What a loving Birthday post! And what run and exciting two years he's already had!