Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Look

For the last several years, I have noticed that my eyesight isn't what it use to be, nor what it should be. I had read that during pregnancy, your eyesight may worsen because the fluid misshapes your eyes, but that after the pregnancy is over, your eyesight will go back to normal.
I have pregnant for the last four years, so I just blamed my eyesight on the pregnancy. But, with Grant getting older and older, and my eyesight not getting better, I figured that I should go in for an eye exam, especially since I hadn't had one since I was in junior high.
So, I went in for the exam ... and failed. The doctor told me that I needed glasses. I think he could tell I was quite skeptical about it, and as if he could tell that I was thinking, "Glasses are overrated, I just won't do it", because he then told me that I wouldn't be able to pass the driver's license eye exam without glasses. How he knew that my license was expiring, I have no idea. My right eye is weaker than my left eye, and the reason I have been able to get away without glasses for so long is that my left eye was overcompensating for my right. Without glasses, my right eye could go lazy, then I'd really look weird.
So I got the glasses. Still unsure of how I feel about them. I did promise myself I would try to wear them faithfully for a month before I quit wearing them, to see how much they really do help. The doctor said that since I hadn't ever worn glasses, things would look slanted at first, and oh boy, they did. I actually got sick to my stomach for the first couple of days.
Anyway, I've realized that my looks have changed a lot in just one year. Last year at this time, I was pregnant, had long hair, and had no glasses. This year I'm not pregnant, don't have long hair, and am wearing glasses.
Me last year with Roger
Me this year with William
On another note, I really felt as though this last pregnancy really did a number on me. Even though I am only 25, I don't look, feel, nor have the life of a 25-year-old. Liz said (in trying to make me feel better, I think) that I looked like a good-looking 27-year-old. Thanks ... I guess. Well, the other day I was feeding the sister missionaries. One of them told me that she was shocked to find out that my boys were my kids. She saw me holding Grant and had assumed that I was babysitting him - there was no way he was my kid, I looked too young! Yay!!
I know it's pathetic that I get excited about these things, but hey, I am a woman!

5 comments:

Five Alive said...

Hey gorgeous, love the glasses. You are beautiful and never think differently. love you and miss you.

Katie said...

I LOVE the glasses! I think you look very sophisticated and like one HOTT momma!! (and trust me, you don't look 27..I would know.. :(

jen said...

I think you look GREAT! I love the short hair and the new glasses.

Tamarynn Leigh said...

I like the new look! The glasses are very classy on you. You totally don't look old enough to have 4 kids. In the first picture, you look exactly as I remember you in high school! LOL!!!

Tala & Jeremy Covington said...

Hey little mama!
I love the new look with glasses and the short hair cut. You go girl!