Mikey has great PR skills. When you are to deliver some unfavorable news to someone, it is always best to somehow get that person to understand you, to side with you. The best way of doing this is by flattering the person. If you are about to fire someone from a job, it is best to pay the person some sort of compliment, and if the compliment is a good and sincere one, the person getting fired may even resign stating that they want what is best for the company.
Whenever Mikey has done something wrong, he will run up to me and say, "Mom, I love you". I will then ask him what it is that he has done, and he will be completely truthful, "I hit Roger".
Now, because he did flatter me by stating that he loved me, can I punish him at this point? Also, it's not always so one-sided. If Mikey accidentally hit Roger, if Roger hit Mikey first then Mikey hit back, or if Mikey just went and hit Roger we will have this same conversation, so even though Mikey is being truthful, it's difficult to clear up what really went down. Whatever the case, I do not mind the flattery.
Here's his "I love you" in action. But in reality, can you blame the poor kid. Look at what he has to deal with.
2 comments:
I wish we had a trampoline. Oh they energy my children could expend, jumping all day! This video is too cute, all of your sweet little boys are adorable!
I think he sounds so sweet- even though he kit someone :) Also- Grant looks super cute in the picture below. How big he is getting and sitting up and playing with his bros. Too cute.
Hope you are doing well.
Take care!
Post a Comment