Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta

Are you wanting to try a new recipe?!!?! Hoping to find an easy and good one that has been tried? Well, here you go:
I LOVE using my crock pot. Here's a recipe that I found and tweaked so that it was Crock Pot ready.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta

INGREDIENTS

Chicken
Chicken - a couple of frozen breasts, or whatever you have on hand (that's my style) -
3 Tbs lemon juice
3 Tbs olive oil1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper1/2 tsp oregano

Pasta
1 tsp garlic powder1/2 tsp black pepper
8 cups of chicken broth (I use bouillon cubes)1/2 cup lemon juice
1 (16oz.) pkg pasta

Sauce
2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup Parmesan

DIRECTIONS
Throw the ingredients for the chicken into a crock pot. I keep my chicken frozen and don't bother cutting it up. I shred it later. I put the crock pot on high if I want dinner in 3-4 hours. I
put it on low if I want it in 5-6 hours.

Half an hour before you want dinner served, shred the chicken. Then add the cream and zest to the chicken. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and replace the lid of the crock pot. If you desire it, you can throw in a couple of handfuls of frozen veggies into the crock pot as well.

Fill up a saucepan with the chicken broth, lemon juice, black pepper and garlic powder. When the liquid mixture starts boiling add in the pasta. Cook the pasta over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the noodles are soft to your liking. (If you don't have the broth or lemon juice, you can go without. The mixture just helps the taste be better absorbed).

After the noodles are ready, drain the excess liquid and add the noodles to the mixture in the crock pot, and viola!!! Dinner is Served.
My boys are ALL a big fan of this meal. They eat seconds and even thirds. Todd and I also enjoy it, and I spend very little time in the kitchen. Definitely a great recipe for us. Don't be afraid to try it, you too may be pleased with it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

What a gorgeous shot of your boys! I love it. Hope all is well! You deserve it!

Tigger said...

Thanks for the recipe idea! All my boys love pasta and chicken, and I love a quick easy crock recipe for those days when I feel I am running all day long.

I am excited to try it. It looks yummy!

Jenn said...

Sounds yummy, we love pasta and chicken. Any ideas on how to do it without a crock pot? Let me know!

Amber said...

sounds good, I'll have to give it a try :)