Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tired yet?

After an exhausting weekend of Grandma visiting and wedding receptions, we were a little exhausted. Then to top it off, Todd got sustained and set apart for his new calling.
Todd has been in the Elders Quorum Presidency for almost as long as I had been in Young Womens. When we first moved up here and got similar callings that we had before our move I figured there were things we hadn't yet learned or mastered. Then when we've kept our callings for some time I started thinking that these were our eternal callings. When I got released from Young Women's I thought Todd was next. Then a couple of weeks ago the Elders Quorum President got sustained for another calling. Todd leaned over to me and told me that this meant that the presidency was going to be released then. I turned to him and suggested that maybe he would be done with Elders Quorum for now. He paused for a moment then responded with, "No, I don't think so, I have a feeling I'll still be in there." A week or two later, sure enough he got called as the Elders Quorum President.
Honestly, this is a little intimidating. Todd's gone so much as it is (he's actually on a 30 hour shift right now), and has so much he needs to do in his "off time" like studying, playing with the boys, dealing with me, helping me clean, etc. But Todd has some great counselors and I know that the Lord will help us out, make it seem as though there is more time than is needed. I know that He will give Todd strength and drive to fulfill all of his obligations and me patience to fulfill mine.
My only complaint is: Why did they have to call the only man that gets all his four boys fed, dressed, and ready for 9 AM church?! I will no longer look good on Sundays...oh well.

2 comments:

Tigger said...

I can testify to you that through willingly and happily accepting and fulfilling this calling, the Lord will bless your family immensely! Ryan has been in the bishopric for a little over 1 1/2 years, and our little family has been blessed greatly. If you sacrifice sleep, you can still look good on Sundays. (If it is worth it to you...it isn't always to me). I only have two boys, and I still wear a bun to church fairly often. Good luck! Your family is in for an added adventure to life and I am excited for you!

Tigger said...

By the way, Your boys are DARLING! I love the picture of all four of them together on your porch. They look like so much fun. Do you have twins?