I haven't focused on teaching Mikey how to tie, it just hasn't been something that I've found urgent for him to learn. Then I noticed that the velcro straps on one of his shoes is coming apart, meaning I am going to have to buy him some new shoes. I decided that maybe it would be a good time to teach him how to tie so that maybe we would get him shoes with shoelaces.
A couple of weeks ago I sat down with Mikey in-order to teach him how to tie. Twenty minutes later and very minimal frustrations, Mikey can tie shoes. I can't believe that it was so easy, and so pleasant. He now ties Grant's shoes for me (his own shoes haven't broken all the way yet, so he still doesn't have new tying shoes).
May I always remember to challenge Mikey, but to not push him into mastering something before he is ready. Life will be much more pleasant if I can do that.
1 comment:
you are so right Loni. It is a much more pleasant experience to wait till they are bit older and have the dexterity in their fingers to try to tie their own shoes. I recently started to teach Benjamin how to tie his own shoes.
How is the homeschooling going?
Post a Comment