I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to vote, to have a say in whom our leaders are. After talking about the Pilgrims, I started thinking more about what a great blessing it is to be able to worship how we want to worship.
I know there are a lot of things going wrong with our country and government, mostly caused by lack of accountability and the drive for power, but regardless, I think we still have a lot of good. We are not told which church to join, we are not told how many kids to have, we are not told which job to take, we are not told which school to send our children to...blessings upon blessings of our freedom!
Yesterday I was pleased/surprised when Todd got home early from work. After doing some yard work, we loaded the kids up on the bike and took them down to where we cast our votes.
I had explained to them what voting was and the effects of it. We went to a nearby church, parked our bikes, and went on in.
The volunteers were very nice to the boys (something I thought would not happen). One invited them into a side room and offered cinnamon rolls for them to eat. We got our ballots, showed them to the boys, then Todd and I went to fill ours out. Mikey was intrigued with the voting "booths".
When it was time to turn our ballots in, the boys went up to the computer with us. After I fed the first page into the scanner the volunteer stated that my boys could help me put in my ballot. The boys loved this.
Then we went home and enjoyed the fact that even though the people that we voted for may not win, we got to have a voice.
1 comment:
Your family has always been so politically active. I think you want to teach it to your children, because you were taught it yourself. You are setting a wonderful example that way!
Post a Comment