Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Temple

I am grateful for the temple.
Because of a smart and sweet friend, I was able to attend the temple today. It was fantastic. Attending the temple brings such peace and joy.
There are times when there seems to be a discontent in our home, there really isn't anything that either Todd or I are doing, but we are just frustrated with another and everything else. I question what is going on, then I realize that we hadn't been to the temple for a little while. We will then go to the temple as soon as possible, and immediately there is a change in our home.
We are more loving, we are more thoughtful, we are more patient - with each other as well as with the children. The temple helps me to keep an eternal perspective, and when that is my focus, life is a lot more simpler.
Have you gotten your temple time in recently?

1 comment:

Trapper and Suzy said...

We've scheduled our time at the end of this month. I hope we can keep it up. I agree with you. I feel so much better when I go to the temple and I feel the spirit so much more in the details of my life, and when I feel the spirit, I know my kids are feeling it too. How else are going to have the spirit in the home if we (the mothers) aren't? The temple is a wonderful and important thing to have. And I am so grateful for it.