Sunday, November 14, 2010

Slow Days

One thing I love about Sundays is the calmness and slowness of the afternoons. True, with church meetings and all that is required for them, Sunday mornings may not be all that slow-paced, but the afternoons, after lunch is served, it can be very slow and peaceful.
One of my favorite Sunday afternoon activities is to sit and read The Friend with the boys. They love it, and it creates a lot of discussion. Plus I get to snuggle with my favorite people.
Then I usually need a nap (if you have much experience reading to children, you know and understand how heavy your eyes can suddenly become). This usually rejuvenates me for the upcoming week.
My cousin wrote this post, it is so beautiful and made me stop and reflect on how I live my life as a mom. I am so grateful for the time that I am able to just be with my boys and enjoy their childhood.

No comments: