I do have to warn you, upon trying this syrup, you may end up eating a lot of pancakes, waffles, french toast, crepples, and whatever else you can think to put syrup on.
Buttermilk Syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup buttermilk (or cream, or sour milk made by putting 1 Tablespoon of vinegar in 1 cup of milk)
Put the sugar and buttermilk in a saucepan. Stir and turn on the heat to medium low. Stir occasionally.
When the sugar starts dissolving into the mixture, throw in the butter. Continue to stir occasionally again, careful to not burn the edges.
When the mixture starts boiling, mix in about a teaspoon of baking soda, stir for a minute or two and take off the heat. Stir in a teaspoon of vanilla, and serve.
*This doesn't take long to make; I usually make it while I make the pancakes and such. I store the leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge. When I go to use it again, I will microwave it, stopping to stir in between. Or, if I am making more syrup (which is the normal), I will put it in the microwave for a short time to loosen up the ingredients, then pour it in with the new batch that I am preparing on the stove top.
It is so good - I promise you that you'll love it. And it's so easy to make, especially after making it a time or two.
2 comments:
That looks delicious. I am going to make it ASAP, thanks for sharing:)
you should let me know when you're coming to utah again - i'll drive down and see you
Post a Comment