Saturday, April 14, 2012

Blanket for My Girl

 When I found out that we were having a baby girl, I didn't know quite what to believe. But allowing myself to indulge in the idea of having a baby girl, I went to the craft store. I got some cute, girly yarn. And in less than a month, I had made this blanket. That really isn't too impressive when you realize that crocheting helps me stay awake while listening to my little readers read, and when you have 3 readers reading to you everyday....well, you get the point. As entertaining "Magic Treehouse" series books are, the crocheting makes a huge difference in my being able to listen rather than doze.
For this blanket I made one huge granny square
Then I created an edge using a combination of a couple of patterns
Then because all of the pink was not "girly" enough for me, I added on flowers

 So excited to have a girl! Can't you tell. Just wait until you see the blanket I've been sewing and the blanket Michael and Roger have been sewing by hand.

1 comment:

thekerrclan said...

I love the blanket!