Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

A couple of days ago, William asked me when Easter was. I told him that it was on Sunday. 
He stopped, got a concerned look on his face and exclaimed, "Do we have to go to church on Easter?!"

I think I may have missed teaching him something.

But, I was told by a friend that Roger stood up in Primary today and informed everyone, "Easter is not about bunnies, eggs, and chocolate...Easter is about Jesus' Atonement and Resurrection."
And in Michael's writing assignment the other day, I had asked why we celebrate Easter. He replied with, "to celebrate Jesus Christ redeeming us". So, I may have missed it with William, but the older two understand.

Our Easter weekend was a little different this year, since I wasn't feeling well enough to do our usual Passover Meal to start the weekend. We usually do the Passover meal the Thursday evening before Easter, but we went without.

Friday my friend, who is awesome, put together an Easter egg hunt with whoever wanted to come and join us. We all just brought 12 filled eggs for each of our kids, then the eggs were spread out and "hid". Letting the younger kids go first, each kid then got to find 12 eggs each. The boys had a great time, and Michael found a bunny shaped egg that he is loving right now. I don't know why he gets obsessed with random little things.
 

 My dad sent the boys (meaning all of us) an Edible Arrangement for Easter. On the card he said that he thought it would be better than candy...indeed it was. We had a great time eating fruit.


 On Saturday we had our own family Easter egg hunt. I had commissioned Michael to go hide the eggs, but asked him to not tell his brothers that he had done it for some of them thought it was the Easter Bunny that hid them. Well, he told them that he did it. Now Grant is the only one that thinks the Easter Bunny is real. But I'm okay with that, not a huge fan of celebrating a Bunny when we're supposed to be celebrating Christ.


 Michael hid the eggs really well, put some too deep into the bushes though
 The boys enjoyed the sunshine while going through their spoils. Grant kept sharing his candy with Todd and me. We told him he didn't have to, but he really wanted to.
 Today we had a great time at church. Sacrament meeting was wonderful. When we got home from church, Todd went to bed (since he's working nights right now) while the boys colored some eggs. While they colored, I got the Gospel Art Prints out, along with my scriptures, and we talked about Christ's last week, with emphasis on the Atonement, Crucifixion, and Resurrection. The boys loved it and were very involved in the conversation.
Afterwards we went over to our friends for dinner. It was really nice, especially since none of us have family terribly close. Sometimes it's nice to live far away from family for then your friends and ward members become your family.
Happy Easter

1 comment:

Katie said...

We had such a great time with your family last night. Our kids LOVE playing with your boys..they are always so well behaved! Thank you for being such a great friend!